corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: time for our first "board" report.
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 17:02:53 GMT
On 31 December 2014 at 17:32, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

> The copied material below is very difficult to follow.  I find it more
> useful to look at the material in the form it is in at
> <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2015>.

If we agree on it, I can add my suggestions to the wiki. I was just
hesitating to make "my" wording public, before the community at large had
their say.

> Questions:
>  1. When must this be completed and signed off so the shepherd can
>     add remarks, mentors can sign off, and it is available on time
>     for inclusion in the IPMC report to the board?

If you look at the top of the wiki page, you will see (extract):

January 7, report due.
January 11, shepherd review
January 13, mentor signoff

Our shepherd is Raphael Bircher, which some of us know from AOO. I will
contact him directly once we agree on the report.

>  2. This file is available for anyone to edit (committers at least).
>     Is there some objection to having anyone with Incubator Wiki
>     editing rights from also working on this report?  It is unusual
>     in my experience for there to be so much gatekeeping.  (Of
>     course there should be accounting for changes and discussion
>     here.)

I would prefer that we make one edit once we agree. I would NOT like to use
that wiki as our discussion place. Actually I have to say this a bit
stronger, if we all edit that file, I will not edit it.

I strongly feel, we should NOT make our answers available on that wiki
before we agree on the content. I promise for next month our wiki will be
up and running, and then our report will be available there. On OUR wiki I
agree that everybody shall edit directly, and once agreed to ONE PPMC, move
the responses to the incubator Wiki.

I hope the difference between OUR discussion and PUBLIC discussion are
clear...we as a community must be able to discuss freely, without going
public.

We have a problem this month, because I have not had enough spare cycles to
make our wiki available, hence the "rescue" procedure. If needed I can
extract the question, and my suggested answer.

@dennis please read my words positively, because in essence I agree with
transparency....but towards our community, not the world.

rgds
jan i.