corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Value of Mentoring (to Mentors)
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2014 20:08:05 GMT
HI.

I think this is less about mentoring and a lot more about a life style. I
am proud to say that I have had the pleasure (and still have) of working
together with rich. He is indeed an inspiration in matters of open source.

Regarding our mentors, we currently have 2, myself and humbedooh (daniel).
I see my "mentorship" as making sure all the apache specific logistic
happens. The other (maybe the most important) part of a mentor role is to
learn the community the apache way, but considering that we are 1 member, 1
PMC, 2 long term committers and right now only 2 new committers, I believe
getting our project on "the apache way" is a real team effort, and less a
mentor role.

I am very happy that we have humbedooh as mentor, because he is extremely
good at securing that we dont start a mutiny or otherwise break apache
rules. Apart from that humbedooh and I have worked together for a longer
period, so he is aware of my weak sides, which makes it a good complement.

It is my hope that we same time next year can look back and say with a
proud voice, "WE made it happen".

rgds
jan i