corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] White-Box Releases Only
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 21:32:39 GMT
On Sunday, December 21, 2014, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

I did not know that very interesting,  I am hereby corrected.

>      I don't care what it is called, so long as there is no branding in
>      the sources that enable knock-off apps, especially for the editor.

I totally agree with you.

>      Convenience binaries for end-user code should probably be branded
>      for support differentiation as authentic to the Corinthia project.
>      That would usually have them tied to a particular source release
>      despite their being incidental platform-build differences.  The
>      libraries should be distinguished appropriately although branding
>      is not the issue as much as authenticity against source.

I don't have  a good idea for the libraries, but I highly agree that appls
should be branded.

we have to think about how we can introduce the branding in the build
process, so that the sources in our repo remain unbranded. Would it make
sense to make this discussion together with AOO ?

>      I had forgotten about white-box testing as a term, even though I
>      am acquainted with Mel Conway (whose introduction of "coroutine"
>      is better known).

Sorry, did not want to lecture....I had only heard about it as a testing
term.....this us what I really like about communities, we all have
different angles to the same subject.

rgds
jan i