corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject Re: External libraries on windows
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 13:17:27 GMT
On 28 December 2014 at 14:11, Peter Kelly <> wrote:

> For OS X and Linux, external libraries used by Corinthia are fairly easily
> installed through package manages (e.g. apt-get on Ubuntu, homebrew on OS
> X). For windows however, someone who wants to build the project must first
> go through a manual process of downloading various zip files, extracting
> them into the right locations etc.
> To make it easier, I suggest that we host a copy of the libraries
> necessary to build on Windows on the Corinthia website. I can put together
> the directory structure and provide these as a zip file that someone can
> just download and extract to the right location. I think this would make
> development on windows a lot easier to begin for newcomers.
> Any objections to this?
I agree to the purpose, but we need to be very careful here, because Apache
cannot be seen as distributing these libraries, due to licensing.

I assume, that if we on the page write the original URLs, and that the zip
is only provided for convinience, it is ok.

Can you please make a text files with the exact URLs when you make the zip
(I assume you make the zip so it its directly in external).

I can make the web page with dorte, unless someone else wants to do  it.

jan i.