corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Question: unittest use of assert (peter??9
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2014 21:32:27 GMT
Hi.

This is probably a question for Peter.

I am currently writing unit tests using the new harness from Peter (which
is really nice). I did extent -plain a little bit.

However all test functions are "void foo()", so if a test fails the
functions does an assert. This means the test run will stop at the first
error.

Would it not be better to have "bool fool()", so a test run would run all
tests, meaning a tester might see multiple errors in one run.

Thoughts ?

rgds
jan I.

Ps. I dont have a strong opinion here, I am just used to return codes.