corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: doxygen and docFormats.
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:05:50 GMT
On 31 December 2014 at 00:28, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 31 Dec 2014, at 1:15 am, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I stumbled across these files in DocFormats:
> >
> > -a---        19/12/2014     19:21      82503 doxygen.cfg
> > -a---        19/12/2014     19:21      21905 doxygen.css
> > -a---        19/12/2014     19:21       6282 DoxygenLayout.xml
> >

> > Do we want to use doxygen or are they there for another purpose ?
> >
> > In my experience using doxygen to extract function descriptions carries
> > quite a high overhead and does not bring a lot. I have tried it in both
> > small and very big projects..
>
> I don’t have a preference. I was using doxygen for a little bit of
> documentation about a year ago, but if there’s better system someone would
> like to suggest, I’m all for changing.

Maybe the more correct question is which functions do we want to document.
For sure docFormats API should be documented, the functions in core needed
by filter writer would also benefit from documentation.....but for the
rest, I would prefer only to have documentation in header/source.

I do however not have strong opinions here, so I follow the  flow.

rgds
jan i.