corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: Enabling Git Mirror (was RE: Subscribed)
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 00:05:45 GMT
> On 18 Dec 2014, at 7:00 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> Well ...
> We can easily revert the warning page I made on "master" and then merge "developer" to
> That has them both in the same state and we can decide which way we want to go from there,
> Let's stand back until we hear from Peter.

I’m ok with using master instead of develop for our main development branch. We just need
to make note of this in our wiki to avoid confusion; the name “master” is ambiguous as
some people (such as me) traditionally consider it to be the stable branch, while others think
of it as a development branch. As long as we all understand its purpose it doesn’t matter
what we call it, and probably “master” will cause less problems with (broken) tools that
assume it always exists.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>