corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update of our status page.
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:45:54 GMT

> On 30 Dec 2014, at 16:35, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> For those who have forgotten, we have a status page that show our progress
> through incubator:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/corinthia.html
>
> Today I have updated the page.
>
> I can also tell that my talk at FOSDEM has been accepted (Andrea is in the
> committee) and andrea and I will give a shared presentation about AOO in
> the past and the future.
>
> It is no secret that I personally see a lot of similarities between AOO and
> Corinthia, meaning that Corinthia can (should) end up being an important
> supplement (NOT replacement) to AOO, therefore it is comforting to see AOO
> committers helping corinthia.
>
> Welcome Andrea.
> rgds
> jan i.

Thanks, Jan.
I too see similarities, but just as all quadrupeds are not dogs—some are cats—so too….
But I’ve been with OpenOffice so long and and so conscious of its architecture and its greatness
and not-so-greatness that when I see something as light and agile and young as Corinthia,
well….  Which is not to say that Corinthia cannot supplement AOO or vice versa. I think
the days of empire analogies are gone and we live now in a world of layers and patches with
local solutions making more sense than global impositions—provided that—!!—my local
solution can work with yours. Which is to say, provided that open standards can turn the babble
into song.