corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anybody who know how to write .cmd or .bat files for windows ?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 23:15:27 GMT
> On 31 Dec 2014, at 4:08 am, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Peter made 2 excellent scripts in external, to retrieve and populate
> external.
>
> The idea is brilliant but the are .sh files (requiring bash) so the users
> need cygwin or similar installed, that is a dependency I would NOT like to
> have.
>
> I thought the scripts was very simply and easy to convert to .cmd files,
> but my command line dos knowledge is somewhat (read: a lot) rusty.
>
> Could one of you with windows systems, please have a look at the scripts
> and create a "pure" windows variant ?

One of the difficulties here is you need both an external program to retrieve files via HTTP/FTP
(the scripts use wget) and to unzip the files. I don’t think either are available on windows.

An alternative may be a Python script; functions for doing these are available in the standard
library.

Windows PowerShell may have these capabilities, but I’m not familiar with it.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org