corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: {}, indent and use of tabs.
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 13:33:02 GMT
> On 28 Dec 2014, at 8:29 pm, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I suggest that we stick to a common convention, and furthermore propose to use the convention
already followed by the codebase:

> 1. Indentation is four spaces. No tabs (they can cause confusion due to people having
different editing settings).
> 2. Open brace follows if, while, do, structs, and enums on the same line. Open brace
starts on a new line for functions.
> 3. Unix line endings for all files (to avoid complications with diffs)

Incidentally I think this can be enforced with a git configuration option (can’t remember
off the top of my head, but am pretty sure there’s one that deals with line ending conversion
based on the platform).

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org