corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: External libraries on windows
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 14:10:18 GMT
On 28/12/2014 Peter Kelly wrote:
> Another possibility is for me to host the files on a subdomain of
> <>, in much the same way
> as binaries for the libraries are hosted by others in various
> locations. That way it’s not an official Apache thing but at least we
> can have a URL we can point people at which has exactly the files we
> want.

There is Apache Extras (by Google) for that. But Google recently (still,
months ago) changed their policy and the Board is aware but a solution
was not actually found. SourceForge started a replacement at but it is not official
yet. So we are in a transition phase.

The OpenOffice "bootstrap" script does exactly what you need to do here
(download and extract tarballs to the right places). It's a Perl script
which is probably built, using bootstrap.1, as part of the configure
process... Well, if interested look at ; in bootstrap.1,
line 42 contains the actual call to the downloader script.

View raw message