corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] White-Box Releases Only
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:02:56 GMT
On 21/12/2014 Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> Why? I mean, what would be gained in this case? AOO is a strong
> enduser application. Corinthia is not. AOO has the history of being
> a replacement for Microsoft Office and is a suite. Corinthia is
> neither. Confusing the two even with the best of intentions and with
> the best strategic goals can do both harm.

I tend to agree with Louis. Also, the Corinthia brand is not exactly
strong at the moment. When it comes up in the first page of search
results for "Corinthia", it will start to be relevant. And from there it
will have to become the first result and be palatable to scammers before
any brand-protecting activity is needed.

I surely see value in discussing this is both places, I don't see it
urgent for Corinthia. OpenOffice has the concept of "Product", so it
could be as easy as setting a build option. Corinthia could start by
introducing that notion (you probably changed it already with last
month's rename! It's the same, just made configurable at build time).

Regards,
   Andrea.