corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enabling Git Mirror (was RE: Subscribed)
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 21:40:07 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I had no trouble making a clone and having both branches.  Either
> way, let's see if the presence of this master allows the mirror to be
> created.

Hi, I've been here from the beginning but I never had the time to
introduce myself (and this counts as an introduction: done!).

When I saw Peter was going to recreate the repository, I wanted to ask
him to remove incorrect attribution that I may have done on the
pre-incubation Github project... Peter was faster than me, but from the
log it seems that everything is fine, thank you!

Coming to the topic and trying not to be too late for once: I would
recommend another option. There are broken tools around that will only
count commits on the master branch: a "fake" master branch will result
in Corinthia to appear inactive. I would suggest "master" as the
development branch; if not, using it for stable is fine, but living
without master (or worse, with a fake master as it is now) will cause
problems with the many external tools that assume there is a master branch.

Regards,
   Andrea.