corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject External libraries on windows
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 13:11:48 GMT
For OS X and Linux, external libraries used by Corinthia are fairly easily installed through
package manages (e.g. apt-get on Ubuntu, homebrew on OS X). For windows however, someone who
wants to build the project must first go through a manual process of downloading various zip
files, extracting them into the right locations etc.

To make it easier, I suggest that we host a copy of the libraries necessary to build on Windows
on the Corinthia website. I can put together the directory structure and provide these as
a zip file that someone can just download and extract to the right location. I think this
would make development on windows a lot easier to begin for newcomers.

Any objections to this?

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org