corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] White-Box Releases Only
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 02:42:28 GMT
> On 22 Dec 2014, at 4:32 am, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> we have to think about how we can introduce the branding in the build
> process, so that the sources in our repo remain unbranded. Would it make
> sense to make this discussion together with AOO ?

I see branding/customisation as far more than something which can be added as a step in the
build process; it’s not just a matter of plugging in an icon/logo and a different name.
Some may wish to try this, but I think for a commercial product I suspect in many cases there
may be very extensive code alterations in terms of UI - or even a completely different UI
to what the project comes up with.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org