corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Enabling Git Mirror (was RE: Subscribed)
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 00:00:15 GMT
Well ...

We can easily revert the warning page I made on "master" and then merge "developer" to master.

That has them both in the same state and we can decide which way we want to go from there,
yes?

Let's stand back until we hear from Peter.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 13:58
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Enabling Git Mirror (was RE: Subscribed)

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>
wrote:

[ ... ]
> Coming to the topic and trying not to be too late for once: I would
> recommend another option. There are broken tools around that will only
> count commits on the master branch: a "fake" master branch will result in
> Corinthia to appear inactive. I would suggest "master" as the development
> branch; if not, using it for stable is fine, but living without master (or
> worse, with a fake master as it is now) will cause problems with the many
> external tools that assume there is a master branch.

thanks for the introduction, and thanks for being here. You are absolutely
spot on time !

You have some very serious arguments why we should keep master alive, which
I admit I never thought about. I would be happy to have master == develop,
and keep stable as we defined it.

@peter, you suggested not to use master, what is your opinion ?

[ ... ]