corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject Developer Discussions
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 18:52:26 GMT
Can we please have these discussions about development direction and what goes where on this

I am in the uncomfortable position of having to second-guess you two and/or retreading matters
that you are privately in accord with.

 - Dennis

-- replying below to --
From: jan i []
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2014 10:13
Subject: Re: MiniZIp/tidy-html Dependency (was RE: External libraries on windows)

On 28 December 2014 at 19:03, Dennis E. Hamilton <>

[ ... ]

I am moving in the direction of not needing sources for external libraries.
Upgrades are so much easier to handle if all we need to do is download a
new lib.

We have the same problem with maintenance in case of minizip that is based
on zlib. So for minizip, we have our own implementation (DFZipfile.c) a
modified version of minizip and an external library....that seems overkill.

Both peter and I have discussed the use of external libraries, and we both
want to isolate them in platform, so that we can replace them if needed,
without having to change a world of sources.

Peter thinks we should write our own HTML parser to replace w3c, I tend to
agree with him, even though I think we need a discussion first how we
internally represent documents.

[ ... ]

View raw message