corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Mailing List Page
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2014 19:17:44 GMT
 -- replying below --
From: jan i []
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2014 09:57
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Mailing List Page

On Thursday, December 25, 2014, Dennis E. Hamilton <>

>  -- replying below to --
[ ... ]
> Wow that looks really useable....I am all for we add such a page. Do you
> see it in wiki as they have or more static in the web (I tend to think web,
> but have no strong opinion).
> <orcmid>
>    I think it would be fine to have this on a web page.
>    I am becoming fond of using folders for key top-level pages in the
>    manner, as at AOO, that facilitates creation of different
>    localized/language versions when they become important to have.

its a good thing, but you will soon see a translation, that does not
require us to copy the pages and keep them in sync. The weakness of the
folder method is to ensure all changes are translated.

   My impression of the value of the technique AOO uses is that it
   allows for voluntary translation by those proficient in the two
   languages when they choose to step in and it leaves the default
   English pages otherwise.  It also allows translation to proceed
   selectively as translators find it valuable.

   I can't speculate about whatever it is Infra is doing.  I don't
   understand how the current AOO system and pootle work.  So I
   have no judgment about alternatives.  However, I am all for
   using what is in hand and using the least that can possibly work,
   especially when it comes to providing easy on-ramps and minimal
   learning curve for future volunteers.

jan i