corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject Tips: Checking Out incubator-corinthia
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:19:40 GMT
Some observations on working with the current Git setup.

I don't see the mirror yet.  When it is present, it will be at

An easy way to work with that repository is to fork it to your own GitHub project.  That makes
pull requests to Apache incubator-corinthia easy to make.  NOTE: Pull requests are only accepted
from individuals who have filed individual contributor license agreements (iCLAs) at the Apache
Software Foundation.  You do not surrender any rights with the iCLA, but it gives the ASF
non-exclusive, irrevocable rights to use your contribution in all of the usual ways, including
release under the Apache License version 2.0.

An alternative to pull requests is creation of a diff between your local commits and the Apache
incubator-corinthia mirror.  Diffs can be submitted as patches, best attached to an issue
on the Corinthia JIRA issue tracker.  Small patches do not require an iCLA.  To make more
substantial contributions, an iCLA is the best route.

The primary repository is at <>.

Making a local clone is easy.  I used TortoiseGit to make a local clone on my Windows desktop
system, specifying the "stable" branch as part of the clone request.  After that succeeded,
I made a checkout request for branch "develop" which set that branch as current.

It is also possible to use the GitHub for Windows application to manage your check-ins and
also any synchronization with the repository at Apache.  You will have to tell GitHub you
are creating a repository rather than cloning one if you have already cloned it.  GitHub for
Windows will recognize the existing repository at the location you specify and list it as
an "Other" (non-GitHub) repository.  Do not let GitHub for Windows create a .gitattributes
file, specify "none" instead.  I forgot to do that and then had to revert it.

If you are a committer, you can sync between the local clone and the Apache repository by
providing your Apache committer ID and password.  Non-committers can use the patch-submission
route.  To make pull requests, the use of a GitHub fork of the mirror may be more straightforward.

 - Dennis