corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject MiniZip Dependency Consideration
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:56:57 GMT
There has been previous discussion on replacing the external dependency on MiniZip.

One thing to be careful about is the fact that these "simple" implementations, and simpler
replacements, can be too simple.  We'll need to be vigilant about exposures to crafted exploits
and also to how detected errors are handled in a resilient fashion.

This is a timely reminder: <>.

I think, in the long run, it should be possible to slide in an implementation of DCF, the
ISO Document Container Profile of the PKWARE Zip specification.  This is oriented specifically
to the use of Zip as a document container in cross-platform interchange (rather than a way
of moving archives of file sets from one computer to another).  This should accomodate for
OPC (in OOXML and elsewhere), ODF, and ePUB without difficulty.

I'm not clear, at this point, when DCF will appear and how available it will be.

 - Dennis

View raw message