cordova-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Joe Bowser (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Resolved] (CB-12939) CB-12015 Causes text to not render on Android 4.4.4
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 18:26:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12939?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Joe Bowser resolved CB-12939.
-----------------------------
    Resolution: Fixed

CB-12015 got reverted.

> CB-12015 Causes text to not render on Android 4.4.4
> ---------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CB-12939
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12939
>             Project: Apache Cordova
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: cordova-android
>    Affects Versions: cordova@7.0.0
>         Environment: Android 4.4.4 on Nexus 7 (2013)
> cordova@7.0.1
> cordova-android@6.2.3
> Windows 10 15063.413
>            Reporter: Adam Venezia
>            Assignee: Joe Bowser
>            Priority: Minor
>
> I've been able to nail this down in my app, but not in a bare reproduceable app, unfortunately,
but I know exactly what to comment out to make the issue go away.
> My Cordova app uses a custom font (woff or ttf exhibited this), declared in my CSS file,
and applied to the body tag so all text uses it. When the app launches, several text fields
do not render, the text is invisible. Rotating the device causes the text to reappear. Attaching
to Chrome debug tools causes it to reappear. Not using the custom font, such as defaulting
to Arial, the text appeared just fine.
> Android 5.x, 6.x, and 7.x don't appear affected; even worse, the Visual Studio Android
Emulator for 4.4 (x86) does not exhibit the issue, nor does the Google Emulator for 4.4 (ARM)
exhibit the issue. I did a hard reset of my Nexus 7 on 4.4.4 and the issue still arose.
> I started using older versions of cordova-android, and started with 6.0.0.
> 6.0.0 = worked
> 6.1.2 = worked
> 6.2.0 = worked
> 6.2.1 = worked
> 6.2.2 = worked
> 6.2.3 = broken
> Comparing 6.2.2 with 6.2.3, I discovered this code in SystemWebViewEngine.java
> // Enable scaling
> // Fix for CB-12015
> settings.setUseWideViewPort(true);
> settings.setLoadWithOverviewMode(true);
> Viewing the bug entry here on Jira, seems like that does fix some people having a different
issue with viewport scaling. However, when I comment out those 2 lines of code, my issue goes
away. That makes things a little sticky.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: issues-unsubscribe@cordova.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: issues-help@cordova.apache.org


Mime
View raw message