cordova-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jesse Pangburn (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Created] (CB-8974) objc_msgSend causes EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 04:45:59 GMT
Jesse Pangburn created CB-8974:

             Summary: objc_msgSend causes EXC_BAD_ACCESS
                 Key: CB-8974
             Project: Apache Cordova
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: iOS
    Affects Versions: 4.0.0
         Environment: iPad 4,5
iOS 8.3
Cordova 4.3.0 (for some reason the affects versions list doesn't show 4.3.0 but that's what
I'm using:
jpangburn$ cordova -version

            Reporter: Jesse Pangburn

I'm using the Camera plugin to get an image url, then passing that image url to the File plugin
to copy the image to another directory.  I've gotten two crash logs from a user who says the
crashes happened immediately after those thing completed (they refer to a thumbnail that would
only show if the File plugin made its transfer).

The crash log has this relevant info:
Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000015c87e90
Triggered by Thread:  0

Thread 0 name:  Dispatch queue:
Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libobjc.A.dylib               	0x00000001962ffbd0 objc_msgSend + 16
1   Foundation                    	0x0000000185bd417c __NSFireDelayedPerform + 420
2   CoreFoundation                	0x0000000184c98128 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__
+ 24
3   CoreFoundation                	0x0000000184c97dd8 __CFRunLoopDoTimer + 884
4   CoreFoundation                	0x0000000184c95824 __CFRunLoopRun + 1368
5   CoreFoundation                	0x0000000184bc12d0 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 392
6   GraphicsServices              	0x000000018e2976f8 GSEventRunModal + 164
7   UIKit                         	0x0000000189786fa8 UIApplicationMain + 1484
8   PCMM                          	0x00000001000aa4f0 main (main.m:32)
9   libdyld.dylib                 	0x000000019696aa04 start + 0

This appears to have been reported in  but it
says it was fixed in version 3.5 and I'm using 4.3.0.  I checked github and looked at those
files for version 4.x and it shows that the changes have not been reverted, so seems it's
not the same problem exactly.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message