cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <dar...@dpogue.ca>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Updating npm dependency (cordova-lib)
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 03:16:59 GMT
My initial reaction, having run into a bunch of issues related to the
npm2 dependency, is jubilation.

However, given that the next major is planning on dropping the npm
dependency entirely (since it's not needed with cordova-fetch), does
it make sense to spend time doing this? I don't remember what the
original reason was for needing to stick with npm2, but I do recall
there being a non-trivial amount of work in updating it.
If we are putting in the effort to do this, should we update to npm5?
As far as I know, npm3 is already considered unsupported by the npm
developers.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Audrey So <auso@adobe.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> We would like to update the cordova-lib npm dependency —> (npm@3.0.0). Please let
us know your thoughts, questions, or concerns about this change. We would like to proceed
with this change in 48 hours. Thanks so much!