cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lu Wang <lw...@reamaze.com>
Subject PR to add native-scroll-to-top option to cordova-plugin-statusbar
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 09:49:02 GMT
This is in regards to the following PR: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-statusbar/pull/83
<https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-statusbar/pull/83>

There’s currently a bug filed as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13124 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13124>
where in the statusTap event is delayed until momentum scrolling is complete. This means that
if you’re using custom scroll-to-top behavior written in JavaScript, it will not fire until
all momentum scrolling has stopped. This can cause the UI to look sluggish. Instructions for
reproducing the bug are within the filed Jira Issue.

I’m proposing in the PR that we add an option to allow the native status bar tap behavior.
This way, the scroll-to-top is processed by the native app and not processed in JavaScript
where it has to wait for the statusTap event to fire.

Let me know if there are any questions.

— Lu