cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Plugin release
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 05:44:01 GMT
Plugin vote is going to fail it seems due to the issue simon found.

Simons  message:
"Failed
* Added cordova-plugin-camera to a project with cordova-android 6.3.0 which
depends on cordova-plugin-compat and the build fails.

The reason the build fails is that all of the cordova plugins that depend
on cordova-plugin-compat do so using a semver of ^1.0.0 or ^1.1.0. Since
compat was bumped to 2.0.0 when you install cordova-plugin-camera on your
cordova-android 6.3.0 project it fails the semver and it pulls in the 1.1.0
version. Now both compat and cordova-android deliver the same classes and
the build fails."

I actually have 1.2.0 version of the plugin already tagged from when I ran
the plugin process on Monday. It is identical to the 2.0.0 version that is
being voted on. We can either stop the current vote thread and start a new
one with 1.2.0 instead of 2.0.0, or we could continue the current vote
thread and start a new one just for compat@1.2.0. If we go with option 2,
we can release both 1.2.0 and 2.0.0.

This is a good point to remember in the future. Deprecation should be minor
not major bumps.