cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Blotsky <dmitry.blot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][DOCS] Revert a change
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:47:33 GMT
Yes, ideally our deployment process should be automated. Also, it should *not* be an SVN commit.
It should be an rsync or an scp command. I would support any initiatives to move to either
one of those. If we had automated deployment, this discussion would be moot.

How much would it cost us to just have a VPS with nginx?

Switching to the topic of deployment docs now. Thanks, Shaz, for bringing this up in discussion.
My opinion was that we shouldn't have impactful commands be copy-paste-able, which is why
I had the instruction to commit in paragraph text. I think that if a committer doesn't read
the full text of the deployment docs, *they should not be deploying*. I can see the argument
that if they do read the text but just don't know *how* to commit in SVN, it's annoying to
search. However at the top of that section is an explicit link to a quick SVN tutorial. I
understand that not everyone reads the fine print, but IMO committers should, and we should
explicitly discourage that behaviour.

Ultimately I'm going to defer to Shaz here, but I think it's important to consider the benefits
of making deployment *feel* more serious by making RTFD necessary.

Kindly,
Dmitry