cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Connor Pearson <cjp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving JIRA issues to Github
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 10:13:46 GMT
I think the web interface is a good idea. It might help triage as well if
you're able to search and filter issues across the entire project. I think
it might need to have some mechanism for excluding or grouping migrated
issues too.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 5:55 AM, julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmobile@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What about security issues?

> > across the entire project to see if any may affect us. Is there going to
> be
> > a way to do this with Github? Subscribing to notifications could be a
> > work-around but it’s not ideal.
> > >
> > > Good question. I can't really think of a way to do this...
> >
> > Github doesn't offer this out of the box (besides watching all repos
> > yourself, which comes with its own challenges). But Github has an API,
> > I am pretty sure someone already wrote something that combines issues
> > of several repos into one interface to look at, then links to the
> > individual issues (If not, it wouldn't be too much work to create
> > something like that) (Could become the new issues.cordova.io maybe?).
> > Would this fulfill your use case?
> >
> > -J

> > their issues go?
> > >
> > > All repositories will be migrated.

> > > Can you give me an example?

> > > I think if you absolutely need issues related to multiple repos, you
> > > can always create multiple issues in all relevant repos and
> > > cross-reference them.

> > across the entire project to see if any may affect us. Is there going to
> be
> > a way to do this with Github? Subscribing to notifications could be a
> > work-around but it’s not ideal.
> > >
> > > Good question. I can't really think of a way to do this...

> > may not be answerable without trying it out, but making issues easier to
> > create issues could cause an influx of questions and non-cordova related
> > bugs. This could add on to the difficulties of triaging and migrating
> bugs
> > across repos.
> > >
> > > To be fair, we already get painful triage-work via GitHub just by
> > > opening up Pull Requests to the public. People will use those to post
> > > questions or issues, because they are unaware that there are other
> > > support and issue filing avenues (they will mask them as PRs merging a
> > > release branch into master). At least those people now have a more
> > > obvious place to file issues: the Issues section on GitHub. We already
> > > have a lot of triage work on JIRA as it is. I doubt this will go down.
> > > That said, I don't think that's necessarily bad. Will we have more
> > > work? Probably. Will we be able to more easily identify issues, and
> > > earlier, and generally be also more accessible to our community? I
> > > would think yes. Double-edged sword. I say let's see how it goes.

> > up?
> > >
> > > They would end up in GitHub, at which point we'd triage them within
> > GitHub.

> using
> > both Jira and Github Issues for a period of time?
> > >
> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > Different topic: Shaz, based on your INFRA ticket / phase breakdown,
> > > the implication is that there will be leftover cordova repos in Apache
> > > Git (cordova-medic, weinre, deprecated platforms / plugins). What do
> [...]
Github