cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CORE PLUGINS][DISCUSS] Roadmap 2017
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2017 06:30:45 GMT
Thanks for all this work Fil!

Let me clarify https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12903 - this task
is to list integration issues with respect to users trying to install older
versions of the plugin. A lot of this can be mitigated with the engines
tag/key but we haven't been using it for the plugins (like
cordova-plugin-console), so if someone did try to install the older version
of the plugin, it will cause issues.

In the case of iOS, and I'm sure Android as well, it relates to the
"namespacing" of the integrated plugin.
I'm not sure in the case of Android, if the classloader tries to load a
class with the same namespace that is already loaded, what happens -- I
assume the attempted class that was to be loaded won't be loaded.

For iOS, it will create a linker error since it will be a duplicate symbol.

To fix this, we can rename the classes, but then it will just be a native
side fix. For JavaScript, we want the integrated plugin's native code to
prevail (thus it's JavaScript not to be clobbered), not the older version
of the plugin -- we can discuss this more at length in the issue.