cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incompatible plugin should reject the build
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 17:59:15 GMT
You are right in that we don't fail the build when a incompatible plugin
fails to install.

cordova-fetch doesn't change this behavior as it is install time vs fetch
time. Also this is a difference between using cordovaDependencies in
package.json vs engine in config.xml. If a CordovaDependencies check fails,
cordova would try to fetch a version that did work. If a engine check
fails, it skips installing it. If cordova users don't read the warning,
they may think the plugin was installed without issue.

I'm down to change this behavior to fail.