cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <>
Subject [CORE PLUGINS] Expansion of features needs to be discussed in dev@
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:07:10 GMT
Resources are limited and we can barely keep up with all the core plugin
work that needs to be done, so we have to have a process with dealing with
desired features that community members send out as PRs.

Firstly I want to acknowledge that external contributions are valued highly
by the team, but they need to fulfill Cordova's goals and not be a
maintenance burden on the project.

Core plugins should conform to standards whenever possible, and we should
not add new features nor expand existing features without a consensus on

I will be putting out another thread where I will propose a concrete
roadmap for the existing core plugins -- listing those that will make the
maintenance cut, and/or listing those that are scheduled for sunset. So put
your two cents there.