cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <maj....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CORE PLUGINS] Expansion of features needs to be discussed in dev@
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:25:55 GMT
I know some of the plugins (all of them?) call out at the top of the
docs that they are based on standards. I think we should be more
dilligent in referencing those specs when discussing/weighing changes
to the APIs.

It would be a lot easier to maintain a stance such as "this does not
follow the spec, thus we cannot accept it" if we walked the walk and
didn't just talk the talk. By that I mean that we should put effort
in:
a) modernizing the plugins that are still valuable,
b) making the hard decisions to remove outdated plugins, and
c) blogging/documenting transition paths for consumers of plugins we
decide to get rid of

The sooner we do this the less of a burden on the project.