cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Hawkins <kevin.hawkins.cord...@gmail.com>
Subject iOS: Cordova framework target
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:13:13 GMT
I've been long out of the day-to-day happenings of the Cordova project, so
I apologize if this ground has been covered before; I searched back through
my archive and didn't immediately see anything related.  I'll see if I can
keep this description as concise as possible.

For our iOS SDK, we ship a dynamic framework that depends on Cordova.  We
have consumers who depend on both our framework and directly upon Cordova.
They would like to be able to manage their Cordova dependency themselves.
The cleanest way to do this would be if we could both build a
"Cordova.framework" out of the CordovaLib project, and manage the Cordova
dependency itself as a dynamic framework.

I know this isn't the way most people consume Cordova—the approach is more
of a traditional native iOS app with hybrid dependencies.  But it also
doesn't seem like a huge stretch to provide the additional target in the
CordovaLib project.  It's something we could probably take a look at
contributing, but I wanted to float the idea to the list first, to get a
sense of any reservations.

Thanks!
Kevin