cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <>
Subject Platform Version support/coverage
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 21:01:04 GMT

TL;DR: what OS versions should we be running our tests on? What
versions should we be testing against in our CI?

Recently, I received an email from Sauce Labs, letting me know that
support for test runs on Android 4.3 and below has officially ended.
This reminded me that our current Android CI in cloudapp (which uses
Sauce Labs) tests against Android 4.4 and 5.1, so we are starting to
cut it pretty close with which versions of Android we are testing

In general, I wanted to start a discussion around what OS versions of
our platforms we intend to support, and which ones we would want CI
coverage on?

I think we probably want to have some test coverage on newer versions
of Android than 5.1. Unfortunately, at this time Sauce Labs does not
have support for Android 6 (let alone 7!), so our hands are tied there
until Sauce catches up a bit.

On iOS, cloudapp currently tests against iOS 9.3. Sauce Labs _does_
have support for iOS 10, though, so we could update our CI to get that
coverage if we wanted.

Our CI also includes coverage for "Windows 10 Store", which, based on
some CI output [1], runs on the following environment:

Windows OS: installed Windows 10
MSBuild Tools: installed 12.0
Visual Studio: installed 14.0
Windows SDK: installed 8.1