cordova-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: CB-11602: (android) Adds onRestart event support
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:28:04 GMT

There's a related issue marked as WontFix [1][2] but as far as I understand it does not apply
to the SplashScreen plugin as it is initialized on startup (via <param name="onload" value="true"/>).
So the question is - should we add onRestart as it is not fundamentally different from onStart,
which is supported?
Or is there a better/more correct way to do it?

Please let me know if you have any questions or considerations.

Best regards,
Sergey Shakhnazarov,
Akvelon developer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Shakhnazarov []
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:10
To: dev <>
Subject: CB-11602: (android) Adds onRestart event support

Hi guys,

I've investigated the CB-11602 Splashscreen plugin receives onPause and hides [1] and realized
that the splashscreen plugin currently doesn't handle onStop->onRestart [2] events properly.
The reason is that we don't have the onRestart event in cordova-android so I propose to add
it [3] and update the splash screen plugin code accordingly to handle this pause-resume events
correctly [4] (i.e.
save/restore the splashscreen state on app switch/device lock).
Please take a look.

Best regards,
Sergey Shakhnazarov,
Akvelon developer.