cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Shakhnazarov <>
Subject CB-12099 (android) SplashScreen Screen Flicker
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 19:32:42 GMT
Hi guys!

There’s an issue with Android splashscreen that every app has a black flash
on start [1].

I propose to fix this using the android:windowBackground composed as splash
image (which we use in splashscreen plugin) laid on top of
[2] (this preference is supported on Windows only as of now and will be
particularly useful for transparent images).

I would appreciate any feedback on the proposal and prototype
implementation [3, 4].

Please let me know if you have any questions or considerations.

Best regards,

Sergey Shakhnazarov,

Akvelon developer.