cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Shakhnazarov <dase...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CB-12099 (android) SplashScreen Screen Flicker
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 21:19:22 GMT
Hi Joe,

> 2. The bug refers to the flicker, which I haven't seen in quite a while,
but can be attributed to the splashscreen disappearing at the wrong time
and the WebView not being made visible or not rendering properly.  CB-12099
explicitly refers to the weird behaviour of the SplashScreenDelay not
actually being followed, which is why I made my initial comment. It's not
its own bug, but a part of CB-12099
Sorry for the confusion - in fact the right issue for the flicker is "
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-11565 show Black screen before
show a splash screen during application launch".
The described issue about disappearing at the wrong time does not reproduce
for me in any of the cases so I've just linked CB-11565 and worked on
flicker bug (it occurs even without splashscreen plugin added).

> 3. I'm not sure why we need the prepare step and why the drawable's
colour can't be changed programmatically in Java instead of pulling it from
the config.xml in prepare.js, which isn't guaranteed to work in earlier
versions of Cordova.
Yes we can change the bg color programmatically but it will be too late as
there will be a visible color change from initial color defined in layout.

I don't think it's possible to address "1." taking into account the flicker
issue is reproducing even without the plugin added - there is a black
screen before view is being filled with BackgroundColor.

I think I've noticed another bug right now, which occurs when we have NO
splashscreen plugin added - in this case there's a flash of BackgroundColor
between app launch and webview showing.

Best regards,
Sergey.