cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kerri Shotts <kerrisho...@gmail.com>
Subject (CB-12241) Cordova Device plugin: device.serial value does not match the phone's serial number
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 04:13:54 GMT
Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12241 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12241>.

Based on a quick Google search, I turned this up: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14161282/serial-number-from-samsung-device-running-android
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14161282/serial-number-from-samsung-device-running-android>,
which implies there’s no standard here, which would make creating a solution that works
correctly all the time problematic and a bug magnet (to me, anyway). Given that, I’m inclined
to close this issue as “not a problem” and suggest the user fork as needed.

BUT, I’m far from an android expert, so thought I would ask for any Android dev’s out
there and see what they think. Thoughts on leaving the bug open or closing it?

~ Kerri