cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Simon MacDonald <>
Subject Re: Incompatible plugin should reject the build
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 02:34:38 GMT
I think an engine check should fail the build. If there plugin version
they are trying to use will not work with the version of cordova or
platform they are currently using in their project it should not
build. Folks can screw up their semver in config.xml and end up
pulling in a plugin version that doesn't work with the CLI they are
currently using so stuff will just be horribly broken without them

Also, I thought the new cordova-fetch was supposed to prevent this
sort of thing?
Simon Mac Donald

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Shazron <> wrote:
> See
> Right now if a plugin fails an <engines> check, it just warns. Should we
> make engine checks fail the build?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message