cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Cordova-Android 6.0.x
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 21:46:06 GMT
Hey

So, this is exciting.  Things are broken on Master if you're trying to use
Cordova with Jellybean.  Apparently we forgot to add a failsafe for the
bridge to go back to APIs lower than 19, so the bridge doesn't work if
you're targeting people still on Jellybean.  Unfortunately, we still have
to support Jellybean despite the fact that their jsToNativeBridge is prompt.

Also, I just realized that I can't send a PR to Crosswalk, since I own the
initial crosswalk repo on GitHub. (Oops!)  This means that I need someone
from the Crosswalk project to adopt these changes here to get this to work
on Cordova-Android 6.0.0

https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-crosswalk-engine/tree/Crosswalk_Compat

I'm tempted to nuke the thing in the near future, since the Crosswalk
Project should be managing the repository and their repository should be
the canonical source for everything Crosswalk/Cordova related and not my
prototype repo. :P

So, is anyone using the stock webview for Jellybean, and should we spend
time fixing this issue? We changed the webview because we found that using
multiple webviews in an application was falling apart, and we needed this
change for stability so we knew which callbacks go to which instance of
webview.  However, if people reviewed the patch requests, they would have
noticed that this doesn't work on API 16. :(

I'm going to go by the assumption that we want this fixed until I hear
otherwise for now.  That said, if people think it's reasonable to recommend
that people targeting Jellybean use Crosswalk, I'm cool with that as well.

Thoughts?

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 11:25 AM, julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmobile@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Those 2 lines have minSdkVersion 14
>
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/blob/master/
> framework/AndroidManifest.xml#L22
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/blob/master/
> test/AndroidManifest.xml#L48
>
> Maybe I looked into the wrong place and that is not being used
>

> El martes, 6 de septiembre de 2016, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','bowserj@gmail.com');>> escribió:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 11:14 AM, julio cesar sanchez <
> > jcesarmobile@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Now we shouldn't forget to increase the minSdkVersion. I couldn't find
> an
> > > issue open for this. Which API level did we say that we will support?
> 16?
> > >

> > Yes, we said 16.  I already did it when bumping up to API 24, but an
> issue
> > would be nice.

> API
> > > 24.