cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject Re: Regarding Cordova and Gamepad
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 18:11:29 GMT
On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 7:56 AM, iono sphere <>

> I am developing a game using Construct 2 which could export the project to
> Cordova. Then, I could put the game into Crosswalk and play the game on my
> Android. My Construct 2 game supports gamepad, and this is the issue:
> While my HTML5 game could respond to gamepad input just fine on Desktop, I
> see that the game does not respond to D-Pad, LT, RT, R3 analog stick on
> Android. I have tested several gamepads on the game and also on
> and I see that all gamepads pretty much got
> identical issue. It seems that the Gamepad API does not fully support
> Android gamepads.
> Because of this, I think this is more of HTML5 issue on Android. Is it
> possible to make it so the HTML5 Cordova exported game could access the
> device's gamepad input? From the overview section in Cordova document:
You're going to have to deal with this issue that I've had on the
backburner for a very long time for Android:

I've been meaning to spend more time with my ASUS Gamepad to debug this,
but I haven't had the time to do so because of higher priority issues.  The
catch is that this needs to work with multiple webviews, and this just
can't be a simple fix for vanilla Cordova.