cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com>
Subject About plugins documentation and translations
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 19:12:30 GMT
Hello everyone.

I'm writing again because I wrote on another thread 3 months ago and nobody
answered me (http://markmail.org/message/aafqb42q2sc5awve)

So asking again, are we still using Crowdin for translations?
In affirmative case, do we have any project manager on the project?
Do we have documented anywhere the process to release a translation?

And about the plugins documentations, I've noticed that Vladimir Kotikov
was doing some commits to change the jsdoc2md/TEMPLATE.md and some .js
files after we merged some PRs on the camera plugin.
As some of them were mine I thought I was doing something wrong, so I've
investigated and yes, I'm doing it wrong, because camera plugin is using
JSDoc, so we don't have to edit the README.md directly and instead of that
we should update the jsdoc2md/TEMPLATE.md and the .js files.
That's because of this proposal
https://github.com/cordova/cordova-discuss/pull/16
And this issue
And we have only done it on the camera plugin for now

So, are there plans on continue doing this on the rest of the plugins? or
this was some kind of experiment? (No other issues were created for the
rest of the plugins)

Does this way of creating the docs affect Crowdin? (in case we are still
using it)

I would like to get an answer this time, even if the answer is "I have no
idea of how the translation process works"