cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Not requiring an iCLA for contributions
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 22:34:44 GMT
It's up to us to decide, and right now we require the iCLA except for
trivial contributions.

I want to change this to a more relaxed requirement:
1. Non-committers do not require an iCLA (you need one anyway to get an
account, so that's really a non-issue)
2. Require a clear intent by the author to contribute under our normal
terms, for a non-trivial change

So some of you will be wondering, what does Apache say about this?
From: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-infras
tructure-dev/201112.mbox/%3CA603FFCE-623B-43E9-87F8-39BAA51C72D1@gbiv.com%3E

Roy Fielding:
"Yes, that opinion comes from me speaking as a board member and
author of the Apache License, and has previously been cleared
with Apache's legal team for a long ago discussion with Incubator.
We don't need a CLA on file to accept contributions from non-committers.
We just need a clear intent by the author to contribute under
our normal terms."

Other opinions: http://apetro.ghost.io/apache-contributors-no-cla/

We need to change our Contribute page:
http://cordova.apache.org/contribute/

... as well as any PR templates:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media/blob/
master/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md

This declaration of intent, if posted on Github, will be reflected on
dev@cordova.apache.org since Apache sends out an email on each PR or
comment to a PR, so we will be able to track it in our archives.

As usual it is always the committer's responsibility to make sure that all
code they push to a repository is compliant with ASF policies.