cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <dar...@dpogue.ca>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Cordova-Android 6.0.x
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 18:21:42 GMT
Just wanted to check whether this cordova-lib change was intended to get
pulled in as part of the Cordova Android 6 release:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/469

If it is, I have an additional commit to add that fixes the JS spec tests:
https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-lib/pull/1

On 13 September 2016 at 10:30, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> week, and getting the vote thread going on Monday? I know the vote thread
> is only 72 hours, so I want a bit more testing on the major before we do it
> because the PRs haven't been getting the attention that I wanted them to.
>
> What do people think?
>
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ask Crosswalk to:
> > "To detach the fork and turn it into a standalone repository on GitHub,
> > contact GitHub Support."
> >
> > From:
> > https://help.github.com/articles/why-are-my-
> contributions-not-showing-up-
> > on-my-profile/
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey
> > >
> > > So, this is exciting.  Things are broken on Master if you're trying to
> > use
> > > Cordova with Jellybean.  Apparently we forgot to add a failsafe for the
> > > bridge to go back to APIs lower than 19, so the bridge doesn't work if
> > > you're targeting people still on Jellybean.  Unfortunately, we still
> have
> > > to support Jellybean despite the fact that their jsToNativeBridge is
> > > prompt.
> > >
> > > Also, I just realized that I can't send a PR to Crosswalk, since I own
> > the
> > > initial crosswalk repo on GitHub. (Oops!)  This means that I need
> someone
> > > from the Crosswalk project to adopt these changes here to get this to
> > work
> > > on Cordova-Android 6.0.0
> > >
> > > https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-crosswalk-engine/tree/
> > Crosswalk_Compat
> > >
> > > I'm tempted to nuke the thing in the near future, since the Crosswalk
> > > Project should be managing the repository and their repository should
> be
> > > the canonical source for everything Crosswalk/Cordova related and not
> my
> > > prototype repo. :P
> > >
> > > So, is anyone using the stock webview for Jellybean, and should we
> spend
> > > time fixing this issue? We changed the webview because we found that
> > using
> > > multiple webviews in an application was falling apart, and we needed
> this
> > > change for stability so we knew which callbacks go to which instance of
> > > webview.  However, if people reviewed the patch requests, they would
> have
> > > noticed that this doesn't work on API 16. :(
> > >
> > > I'm going to go by the assumption that we want this fixed until I hear
> > > otherwise for now.  That said, if people think it's reasonable to
> > recommend
> > > that people targeting Jellybean use Crosswalk, I'm cool with that as
> > well.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > >

> > > On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 11:25 AM, julio cesar sanchez <

cesar sanchez <
wrote:

> [...]
it, so if there is no

<