cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Pridham, Marcus" <marcus.prid...@sap.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] cordova-plugin-geolocation release
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:13:59 GMT
This change might cause issues if you have an Android application that perhaps you want to
use GPS on the phone but also want to allow to run on Chromebooks?  I got an email recently
from Google about the android.hardware.location.gps permission:

“In preparation for the release of Chromebooks support for the Google Play Store and Android
apps, we've been proactively testing the most key and popular applications in Google Play,
including *** for compatibility.

We wanted to let you know, currently your app isn't compatible on Chrome OS devices due to
manifest entry android.hardware.location.gps. If you want to make it compatible, Please read
our guide on App Manifest Compatibility for more details on how to ensure your app is compatible.”

I don’t have a Chromebook to try out what happens with this plugin there…  I think for
the Chromebook case you would need required=false and the geolocation would need to fail gracefully
or the application code would need to check the useragent and not call the plugin?

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.gps" android:required="false" />

Has anyone tried a Cordova application on a Chromebook?

    +1