cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-vlk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] cordova-plugin-media-capture video quality
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 06:29:26 GMT
I think I like option 2 more than others, assuming that we also accept values between 0 and
1 as a medium quality. Then it won't break existing behavior on Android and would allow to
specify all supported quality modes on iOS.

-
Vladimir

-----Original Message-----
From: julio cesar sanchez [mailto:jcesarmobile@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:43 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] cordova-plugin-media-capture video quality

The cordova-plugin-media-capture allows a quality property on Android that accepts two values:
0 - low quality
1 - high quality (default)

Those are the only values android allows

iOS doesn't support quality, but there is an issue open to add that property (https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fissues.apache.org%2fjira%2fbrowse%2fCB-10180&data=01%7c01%7cv-vlkoti%40microsoft.com%7c07f1d492040c421d435008d3ba5d3abc%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=KvWtFzHLGoDvLVhWGTp3lkwd%2f86m52akvV3css7TcK8%3d)

Right now iOS uses medium quality.

We have 3 PRs open to add the quality property and each of them is different.

1. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media-capture/pull/32
Proposes this:
0-32: UIImagePickerControllerQualityTypeLow
33-65: UIImagePickerControllerQualityTypeMedium
66-100: UIImagePickerControllerQualityTypeHigh

2. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media-capture/pull/48
Proposes this:
0 - low quality
1 - high quality
It will work the same way android does, but will change the current behaviour as we use medium
quality now

3. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media-capture/pull/65
Proposes this:
0 - medium quality (default)
1 - high quality

I think we shouldn't have the quality property as it is supposed to follow the w3c and there
is no quality on the w3C api. But as we already added it for android I think we can add it
for iOS too.

On PR 3 there are some comments with other proposals (one of them is mine)

So, what do you think? Do you like any of the proposals? do you have other ideas?