cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] cordova-plugin-media-capture video quality
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 22:43:05 GMT
The cordova-plugin-media-capture allows a quality property on Android that
accepts two values:
0 - low quality
1 - high quality (default)

Those are the only values android allows

iOS doesn't support quality, but there is an issue open to add that
property (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-10180)

Right now iOS uses medium quality.

We have 3 PRs open to add the quality property and each of them is
different.

1. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media-capture/pull/32
Proposes this:
0-32: UIImagePickerControllerQualityTypeLow
33-65: UIImagePickerControllerQualityTypeMedium
66-100: UIImagePickerControllerQualityTypeHigh

2. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media-capture/pull/48
Proposes this:
0 - low quality
1 - high quality
It will work the same way android does, but will change the current
behaviour as we use medium quality now

3. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media-capture/pull/65
Proposes this:
0 - medium quality (default)
1 - high quality

I think we shouldn't have the quality property as it is supposed to follow
the w3c and there is no quality on the w3C api. But as we already added it
for android I think we can add it for iOS too.

On PR 3 there are some comments with other proposals (one of them is mine)

So, what do you think? Do you like any of the proposals? do you have other
ideas?