cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CB-9963 iOS uuid should remain even after uninstall
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 19:05:59 GMT
As the issue is an improvement and not a bug, I think we should discuss if
this should be added. I commented this on the issue long time ago

So I think that storing the identifierForVendor on the keychain might be a
good idea, but not sure if we should add it to the device plugin or if the
developer should use a keychain plugin to store the device.uuid value if we
wants to get always the same value, maybe some developers want the real
identifierForVendor value and not the first one

I think keychain is very complex and will add a lot of code to the
plugin just to store a value, and some users might want the real
identifierForVendor value. If an user wants to store the value can use a
keychain plugin.