cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject [Android] API change: Where to put a utility method?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 20:47:38 GMT

So, after working on the Camera fix for Android N, I found that we need the
Java plugins to be able to get the Application ID, and that we shouldn't
expect the application ID to be the same as the namespace of the
application, so I propose we add a getBuildConfigValue to Cordova.

The only problem is where?  I initially put it in the CordovaInterfaceImpl,
but that's not actually correct, since this changes the API surface of
CordovaInterface for anyone trying to override it and implement their own.
So, does anyone have any ideas where to put this?