cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <>
Subject [COMMUNITY RALLY] WKWebView localStorage will not work with file urls in iOS 10 unless...
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 22:54:09 GMT
... we dupe this Radar [1]. There is some related research and JIRA
discussion here [2]

I will outline the steps you need to do below.

If we don't ask for this now, enabling this feature will probably go in iOS
11, just like loading file urls in WKWebView (support was non-existent in
iOS 8, added in iOS 9 with WKWebView->loadFileURL:allowingReadAccessToURL:)

To allow localStorage to work with file URLs in WKWebView, Apple just needs
to allow this private API "WKWebViewConfiguration->
_setAllowUniversalAccessFromFileURLs" to be public [3]

1. Sign in to with your Apple ID
2. Choose "New" from the toolbar
3. Choose "iOS SDK"
4. Copy the details from link [1] into the appropriate fields
5. Make sure you mention that it doesn't work in iOS 10 beta 3 (the latest
beta as of this writing)
6. Make sure you mention the fix is to enable this private API to be public
- see link [3]