cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject Proof of Concept: Plugins as Android Modules
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 20:58:34 GMT

Here's a proof of concept for Android Modules.  It works for cordova core
plugins, but it's kinda brittle because I need to figure out how to handle
dependencies and excluding duplicate compilation in our tools.

Surprisingly, the changes made are very minor to get this to work, and
there's a lot of serious advantages we give.  That said, our Gradle scripts
are incredibly brittle, and we don't have the luxury of changing any
execution order to try to get around excluding dependencies.

I think it would be good if we could add in plugin.xml a way to exclude
compilation of dependencies that are already included.  Right now if you
include a plugin that depends on the CordovaLib module in the project, our
plugin will install things twice.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?  I really want this to be a lot
less brittle before introducing this method of installing plugins.